If you’re interested in installing new doors on your property, you might consider adding “lift and slide” doors. These types of doors are especially ideal for entry and exit points to and from decks, backyards or porches.
These doors feature a unique lifting mechanism. When you turn the knob to unlock them, the wheels in the door turn sideways and down, lifting the door off the seals. You’re then able to slide the door easily from one side to the other as you wish. Then, once you want to lock the door back into place, you close it and put it into the locked position, which will connect the door’s panels with the seals to guarantee a tight fit.
Here are just a few examples of some of the biggest benefits of lift and slide doors from your local door supplier in Glenwood Springs, CO:
- Highly dependable: Lift and slide doors have very dependable functionality, especially when you opt for brands that have a long history of quality and consumer satisfaction. You can trust a high-quality lift and slide door will be able to continue to provide outstanding functionality with very few maintenance requirements for many years to come.
- Outstanding combination of function and aesthetics: Yes, your lift and slide door will provide you with easy and reliable access to and from your outdoor entertaining areas. But they’re also quite aesthetically pleasing! The large glass areas provide you with a better view of your outdoor spaces and more natural sunlight coming through into your home. Certain types of doors also feature very attractive designs that can add a lot to the interior of your home.
- Energy savings: The way the panels in lift and slide doors connect with the seals that surround the door will ensure much better ventilation. Because you won’t have to deal with door drafts due to the high-quality seals, your HVAC system won’t have to work as hard to regulate the temperature in your home, meaning you’ll be able to save on your energy bills and prevent your furnace and air conditioning system from experiencing some unnecessary wear and tear.
- Soundproofing: Improved insulation and sealing means there’s going to be much less sound that gets into your home from the outdoors. This is especially helpful if you have loud neighbors, if you live on a busy and noisy street or if you intend to have large backyard gatherings but want to preserve some peace and quiet indoors.
- Improved security: Security should always be a top concern when you’re shopping for doors for your home. Lift and slide doors are built with strong locking mechanisms and with very solid materials. Just because the door is made of glass doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy to shatter!
These are just some of the primary benefits that come with lift and slide doors from a local door supplier in Glenwood Springs, CO. If you’re interested in learning more about our selection of front and back doors, contact the team at Architectural Windows & Doors, Inc. today.
Categorised in: Door Supplier