If you are building a custom home or upgrading your current one, consider adding solid wood doors. While it may be tempting to go with cheaper materials for exterior doors because “it’s just a door,” there are advantages to choosing doors made of solid wood. Here are five wooden exterior door benefits to consider when choosing your new doors in Glenwood Springs, CO:
- Security: If security is a top concern, solid wood doors are the best choice. Basically, they are difficult to break down and they can accommodate more complex and durable locks. You can install these doors and know that your home is not a target while you are on vacation or working long hours.
- Insulation: Cooling and heating will stay inside, while the extreme temperatures outside will stay away. Wooden doors offer superior insulation from other materials. While you may pay more for them, you will notice the difference in your energy bills, and the doors will pay for themselves in no time. You will also find there are few drafts in winter and your entryway will no longer be a chilly space everyone tries to avoid. The insulation also offers another advantage: noise dampening. Street and traffic noise will remain outside your home.
- Higher home value: Doors have a high return on investment when you sell your home. If you choose higher-end materials, like wood, you are likely to recover 80 percent of the project cost. Wooden doors also offer better curb appeal, which will help your home stand out from homes with fiberglass or other types of doors. Potential buyers will notice the difference the minute they view your home, and may be more willing to offer your asking price. Between this and the savings on your power bills, your new wood doors will likely pay for themselves in full!
- Customization: Wooden exterior doors are available in Glenwood Springs, CO in a variety of styles, shapes and finishes. You can match them easily to the rest of your house or go with a whole new look. Buyers can choose between oak, mahogany, knotty pine, bamboo, teak or any other type of wood and either enjoy the natural finish or another one. Wood doors can be matched to any architectural style, and you can go as traditional or modern as you wish to look. No matter whether you live in a Victorian or a midcentury modern home, there’s a wooden door that’s right for you.
- Accents: Wooden doors allow you to indulge in the accents that make it unique. Choose brass knockers, stained glass, shadowbox cutting or any other design to make your door stand out. Since you are already splurging on a wood door, match that commitment with good hardware to make the best statement about your home and enjoy an upgraded aesthetic.
Architectural Windows & Doors, Inc. can help you assess the wooden exterior door benefits in Glenwood Springs, CO and why they are worth the investment. Contact us today to see what we offer for custom doors.
Categorised in: Exterior Doors