Experts agree that front doors on most homes last about 30 years before they need to be replaced. If you live in an older home, or you’ve lived in your current one for a while, it may be time to consider updating your front door. This post from your Aspen door suppliers will cover a few of the top signs that it’s time to replace your door:
- Difficulty opening and closing: Having to yank the door to open and close it is a leading indicator that your door is outdated and has to go. This typically happens to doors when the wood in the frame or the door itself starts to warp. The only way to fix the issue is to replace your door and door frame.
- Interior drafts: Do you ever feel a sudden cold draft come through your home on a brisk day? If so, it could be due to your outdated door. Doors that are loose around the frame allow cool drafts to blow inside, reducing your home’s energy efficiency and creating an uncomfortable environment. Upgrade to an Energy Star-rated door and you’ll likely notice an immediate difference.
- Moisture accumulation: If your front door includes a glass window and it has a buildup of moisture or fog between the panes, you’ve got an issue on your hands. This is a sign that the seal between the window panes has broken, and both your door and window are compromised. The problem won’t go away on its own, so you’ll need to replace your door with a new one.
- Outdated appearance: Your front door is much more than just the entryway to your house—it’s often one of the first things people notice about your home. For this reason, it’s crucial that your door look its best at all times. If your door looks worn down or doesn’t quite match the aesthetic of your home, replace it with a custom wood one!
Top reasons to replace your door
Replacing your old door with a new custom one has a variety of benefits. Here are a few of the top reasons why homeowners get new doors from their trusted Aspen door suppliers:
- Improved security: A faulty front door is a big security risk for homes. If your door is warped or damaged at all, it’s an easy target for burglars. A sturdy custom door is harder for criminals to break into, keeping you safe and giving you peace of mind.
- Better curb appeal: Anyone thinking about selling their home should take a good, long look at their front door. If the paint is peeling or there’s visible damage, get rid of it and replace it with a custom wood door. We guarantee your home will look better and you’ll attract more potential buyers.
- Energy efficiency: We mentioned above how a drafty door can raise your energy bill. An easy way to fix that is to simply replace your front door. Talk to a professional today about how much you could stand to save each month by updating your old door.
Talk to our team today
Whether you’re tired of your old door’s appearance or you’re worried about its security, call our team at Architectural Windows & Doors, Inc. Our friendly service and ability to craft beautiful custom doors make us one of the top Aspen door suppliers.
Categorised in: Exterior Doors